Monday 27 October 2014

Cat Rowe Textile Workshop





Last weekend I went along to South Hill Piecemakers for our Christmas workshop. We had seen samples of Cat Rowe's work at the Cowslip Christmas Fair last year and I had bought a lovely calendar.
Cat lives in Cornwall and usually teaches smaller groups, but 16 of us all had a fabulous day and hopefully didn't give her too much trouble! We also had a lovely shared lunch but I didn't get any photos of that.
This is what I achieved on the day, lots of Bondaweb and fiddley cutting and sticking. Cat had many useful tips about the best fabrics and how to best cut out the smaller parts. I had just started to stitch them down when it was unfortunately time to go home.


Cat provided 3 different Wintery designs or if you were adventurous then you could design your own. The free motion embroidery to do the writing was interesting! I had a go, but I did resort back to my walking foot for most of the stitching.
Below are 4 of the other ladies pictures.


I was super keen to finish mine as otherwise it would have joined the rest of the WIP's. So here it is ..... Framed too!


Then I thought I'd make a card from the robin and a mug-rug from the snowman design. These are now finished too.





So that's it for now, though I love all the pictures in Cat's calendar and I've been asked to make a Polar Bear!


By pure coincidence I bought a 'New Home' card from Waitrose and then found out it was a Cat Rowe design, lovely.



Location:Golberdon, Cornwall

6 comments: