Friday 17 January 2014

Finish-Along Q1

Oh no, I've finally got to admit that I'm a serial starter...but never finish anything. Though I do finish things when I'm in a swap or for a deadline like Le Challenge, so with this in mind I've decided to list all my WiPs.....well all the ones I could find as some are still lost in carrier bags in the depths of "the spare room" .... Which if I sorted it out could be a great space...maybe that should go on the list too!

1. Martinique Heart jelly roll quilt
July 2000 not touched since then as I've not a clue how to quilt it!



2. Bang on the door hippo...I designed this from a card
2005 ish ... Might make it into a pin cushion!



3. tail feathers quilt...
Started January 2011 ... All embroideries finished and frames done. Need to make squares and log cabin border.


4. Warn and Washed Winter Fox Quilt...
September 2012 made the background on a Warn and Washed workshop but I'm not happy with the trees.



5. EPP ...
December 2012 ... All finished but needs making into a cushion.



6. Paper Pieced puffin and Penguin made from TartanKiwi patterns.
Autumn 2013 ... These are so cute that I really should use them somewhere!






7. EPP from Fat Quarterly Retreat ... I think this needs adding to and making into a cushion as I love the design.


8. Cathedral windows cushion.... This one is my friend Kath's ... As I swapped classes at the FQR mine is still just a pile of white squares that I prepared and took with me!


9. This is my Noodlehead super tote which I was making to take to FQR!



10. Quilt I started using Verna and these Monaluna fabrics. Also the campervan fabric is with the strips of stacked coins I made from the Verna ... Just don't think the two go together...or need to find a fabric to tie them in ... Also need to find the bag from the depths!


11. Camelot Quilt .... Just started hand piecing this!
January 2014


12. Green Tea and Sweet Beans ...also just started
January 2014


13. Rainbow Sprouts Quilt ... Collecting scraps to go with the rainbow and LV charm squares ... Slow progress.
September 2013


14. Scrappy Stars.... Proposed HipBees quilt for July 2014



15. Secret EPP with these Liberty Fabric hexies.


16. Make another bag to donate for the Quilt Club Raffle. Green flower/spot fabric and this pattern.

17. Secret project with great fabric for a thread catcher, etc.

Then there are quilts I have the fabric for...but not even started ... I'm trying to list everything just so I can keep track in my own mind and stop drifting around on the Internet and actually finish something!

18. Liberty quilt.... Slowly collecting fabrics.


19. Heather Ross fussy cut quilt. These are just some of the HR fabrics.


20. Vintage Sheet Quilt.... Last year it was going to be a giant star, then a Cherry Star....then a scrappy trip pattern and by the time I get around to it it will be whatever!


21. Cath Kidston star quilt ... Still need a couple of fat quarters!

22. Cover for ....... ....... Using Unicorn embroidery, which I will find ... Just had a look and it's not around, but did find....

23. Mums teapot cosy for August 2013 birthday...was waiting for insulated fleece, now needs making.



23. Last of the stuff I can find ... There is more hidden away in the depths... Socks ...
Summer 2012 ish!


Phew....I know there's more....but I can't find them and also don't really want to think about it now!!! And now I've had to edit the post as I forgot to add Katy's cute little button.
Finish Along 2014

16 comments:

  1. Glad to have company in the "serial starter" category, welcome aboard! :o) And Good Luck with those projects, I'm glad I didn't list the ones I have fabric for and haven't yet started, that would have probably been another 10 at least!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Indianna, I am delighted to have found your blog. I love, love, love your tail feathers quilt and think that it should take the #1 spot to get finished first. It is adorable! I have a Cathedral windows quilt that my Momma made back in the 1970's . . . it is a treasure and one day will be passed to my daughter or one of my granddaughters. We all have these projects that we start with gusto and then slowly stop, unfinished. I have a quilt that I pieced thirty years ago . . . I think that I shall put it on my list to finish this year :) It still need fabric for the back and to be quilted. I love the title you gave yourself "serial starter", it's nice when we can laugh at ourselves. I am your newest follower. Please come pay me a visit.
    Your newest blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, yes, for god's sake don't go delving further into the spare room lol

    Great list, but please, give the poor hippo eyes if nothing else!

    Good luck :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you;re braver than me. I stopped listed when I got to ten and thought I'll finish those then list the next lot. Still hopefully the finishalong will get me some completed objects :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a long list! You are bound to cross a few of those projects off. Di x
    P.S. don't venture into the spare room again just yet (wink)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adore the winter fox! But then again I would cos it's my favourite colour blue ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness, that's impressive! There's enough there to keep you going for quite some time me thinks! Once I start something, I do generally get around to finishing it. My trouble is, getting started in the first place! Just love your projects and the colours of the fabrics - makes my stash look boring! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel exhausted just reading your list! You should finish the cushions first, they are so lovely and you can show your skills off in your house, such a shame not to have them displayed x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a list! Love the hand piecing, and the EPP - the puffin and penguin are my fav tho!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Phew! I need a rest just reading your list. There are lots of great projects here. Certainly enough to stop you ever spending time on the internet this year never mind just getting distracted by it! I love your puffin! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woah! My favourite thing is that itty bitty fox. Definitely get that Martinique heart quilted, how about lines of hearts, I can send you a drawing if you like?

    ReplyDelete
  12. No more starting till you have finished at least 5 off this list I think !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow what a list! Love the puffin and penguin and the sock!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! That's a long list. Best wishes for some finishes this year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have some great work! I think I'd start with the tail feather quilt too. So much beautiful embroidery in there. Your spare room sounds like mine!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous group of blocks you came up with! That vacay did you good :D

    ReplyDelete