Friday 9 November 2012

Riverside Quilters Exhibition

Today I went along to a local quilt exhibition on Saltash. Riverside Quilters meet in the Ashtore Rock Centre right underneath the bridge. They had a variety of traditional quilt and quite a few made from Jelly Rolls.
Here are a few of them


Each block in this sampler quilt was had pieced.


I have a Celtic cushion I started about 10 years ago and never finished!





Tim liked the fabrics in this one....






This is very clever and a great visual effect.


This was a block of the month quilt.





..... And I loved all these birds - I think there are 12 different ones, including owls and woodpeckers.






I avoided the sales stalls, but I did buy a few/lots of magazines.... So that's my evening sorted. I've also got Kirstie's vintage home recorded too....... And some hand embroidery to finish.
Random double full rainbow in Mylor last week. I love rainbows.







4 comments:

  1. We had a double rainbow here last week,amazing. Wonder if it was the same one :) ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The birds are my favourite. Looks like they are beautifully quilted as well as pieced. And I am a rainbow lover. Doesn't matter what is going on, a rainbow can lighten your mood instantly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the birds are my favourite too. Lovely rainbow shots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely rainbow pics and like the birds on the quilts.

    ReplyDelete