Wednesday 19 September 2012

Arghhhhhh Work Still In Progress

Kindle Zip Pouch
I made this zip pouch for my friend's birthday to keep the sand and dust out of her Kindle. The little bear embroidery was in the Books Issue of &stitches. Here is a Blog Post from Wild Olive that shows some of the cute projects in Issue #2.
Work STILL in progress is the Pirate Quilt, Cowboy Baby from the Material Obsession book.....I have now pieced the back, but only just had enough fabric and so it is only fractionally bigger than the front.  Hope this wont cause me too many problems when I come to quilt it.  How to quilt it? Nobody knows...UntitledUntitled
The front, which was finished ages ago. I sneaked some Heather Ross dots in there too, though they are now known as canon balls.
pirate quilt

Craft Book Month at Craft Buds

Why the ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG in the title?  Well today is International Talk Like a Pirate day........so we are taking part...ooohhh arrrgghhh.Captain Billy Bones waiting for International Talk Like A Pirate Day. 19th September.
And just to finish off - a nice picture of the Cornish Coastline from yesterday!Sun.....but no surf!

17 comments:

  1. Yes, 'Talk like a Pirate day""Aye, aye me hearties! Jolly good quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow - you live in the most beautiful place! I am the last person to advise on quiltng but I wish you luck. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - the pirates are way cool! And I love your little kindle pouch, it's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your zippy pouch for the kindle (I really like making zippy pouches) Material Obseesion books are excellent and it is nice to see one of the quilts made. As for the quilting - good luck! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Ahoy there all you land lubbers!" Love the canon balls, such a great use of fabrics and your kindle case is gorgeous! umm arrrrg arrg (sorry got out of character there in the middle ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet little pouch for the kindle! Love the embroidery!

    Best of luck with the quilting - I never know how to tackle that part of the process!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pirate quilt looking good front and back! Have fun getting then quilted and bound!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, love the quilt and tthe pouch, but am loving the coastline photo more! We're coming to Cornwall on hols in less than 2 weeks, and I can't wait - it's been a very hard-earned break this year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great kindle cover.

    Arrrr that pirate quilt is fantastic too.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. My daughter would love that Pirate quilt - her favourite shirt is a 'pirate' one, but is a nice pirate! I can't imagine that there will be a problem quilting it due to size of backing sometimes it just makes it tricky lining everything up for basting! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pirate quilt looks great. I wish I could think of something witty to say about it involving shivering my timbers and a parrot but alas I can't...

    ReplyDelete
  12. awesome pirate quilt! I love the reader pouch, how sweet! I am stopping by from the WIP hop. I would love to have you stop by and see my WIP as well :) http://domesticdeficitdisorder.blogspot.com/2012/09/wednesday-wips.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh I've got a birthday soon

    ReplyDelete
  14. But I've not got a kindle :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the pirate quilt! I have that book, may have to add it to my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the stitching and that pirate quilt is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your quilt looks really great and I love that kindle pouch!

    ReplyDelete