Wednesday 30 November 2011

Beechnut Fairy Cross Stitch

flowerfairy 001
Here's a closer view of her, she's soooo cute....
flowerfairy 005


Having seen all the lovely Autumn inspired handmade items over at Stiched in Color - I was reminded of this that I made a few years ago. 

It now hangs on my mum & dad's wall and I think it took about 10 years on and off to complete!  I don't do as much cross stitch now as I find it time consuming and also a bit restrictive as I need to follow the pattern carefully.  I have several that still need finishing, including one from a charity shop that I have just seen is £79 new....so I might dig that one out of the cupboard.  I wonder how many part finished sewing projects are hidden away in other crafters houses, when they move on to a new craft?

Celebrate Color

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that is sooooo sweet! I love these type of fairies. Made a Christmas bunting from one of her fabric lines last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoah! I am super impressed that you finished it. I LOVE cross-stitching but you really have to focus (not exactly TV friendly). It took me 5 years to finish my Mum's one..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, can you tell me where you found this pattern? I've looked everywhere for it and can't find it. I know a couple of cross stitch magazines had FF patterns at one time, or maybe a calendar, but don't know which one. Thanks for any help as I am collecting all the FF patterns I can find.

    ReplyDelete